Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Molten Lava Cake

The cake, if cooked correctly, resembles melted chocolate in the center enveloped by a moist cake. The oven temperature and length of time that you bake it is therefore very important.

The recipe for the cake, which has been adapted from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen is here: Tasty Kitchen's Molten Lava Cake



I link you there, because you can change the serving size on that website and I think that is very handy. Some things that I have changed with success:
- Instead of 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, I changed to both 2 eggs and 1 egg on separate occasions, and both worked fine. I'd rather not waste the rest of the egg.
- I have made it in my toaster oven and that worked well, just be sure not to overcook it, or it's just cake.

Serving it with whipped cream is nice, but I'm sure ice cream would be good too. We added sugar + our homemade mint extract to the whipped cream, and it was delish! Another time, I added a little brown sugar to the whipped cream, and that was a nice flavor too. It's really easy and super tasty, that's a good combo.

No comments: