Sunday, September 21, 2008

Putting it all together



This is my first idea to balance out the different colored cakes. All three cakes are cut in half (although you can't tell from this angle), and the top cake was cut to make a smaller-diameter tier. So, these aren't exactly even. If I were doing this for real, I would not have cut corners and it wouldn't be as messy-looking. But still, I think it looks yummy! My lovely taste-tester approves, and even said that it was the best cake that I've ever made :) The bottom cake is a chocolate cake with black raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream, and the top two cakes are white cakes with black rasberry filling and french vanilla buttercream. I love the flowers, they are from some Tucson plants just outside my place.

1 comment:

sweet_boys_mama said...

Yummy yummy yummy... that looks soooo good! It's beautiful too! Will the bakers be able to follow your instructions and a photo that you provide them?

Amazing work missy!